Do Something Great:
Turn Your Cannabis Business into a
Startup or Scale Your California Legal Marijuana,
CBD or Hemp Business
Cannabis Business Owners:
Learn How to Legally and Safely
Lock-Away Profits, Cash and Property, and
Learn How to Build Out Tenant Improvements
For Tax Depreciation Benefits, and
Learn How to Protect Yourself and Assets, in Federal and
State Conflicts, Lawsuits, Judgments, Leases, Deals,
Licenses and Contracts!
*We just won our Small Business Client $1.6 million in a business dispute!
This again proves how to multiply and TREBLE DAMAGES
(18X actual cash loss) when someone
violates PUBLIC POLICY against you.
Learn How to Protect Yourself and Your Business!
*In a Hollywood Film case we won
4X the cash loss.
*We saved a Multi-Billion Credit Union from
Stress Test Seizure.
Consult Attorney Rich Rydstrom
Private Confidential Strategy Session
(Must Retain to Get Input and Confidentiality)
Sign Up To Retain California Attorney
Rich Rydstrom, Canna VIP Members Only
Learn the 10 Secrets of the 5L’s!
Issues Facing Owners & Operators
Structure of Entities, Trusts and Contracts
Lines of Business
Lines of Activities
Cannabis Special Deconfliction Leases and Real Estate Acquisitions
Tax Restrictions and Efficiency Options (280E, COGS, etc.)
Merchandising, Marketing, Brand and IP Licensing, Joint Ventures, Deal Making and Contracts
Design, Materials, Construction and Installation and Demolition re Tax Efficient Options
Buildouts - Tax Efficient Tenant Improvements vs. Owner Improvements vs. 1250 (structural) vs. 1245 (personal property) vs. QIP(TCJA) 2018-2022 vs 100% Bonus Depreciation and Refunds
Asset Protections; California's Secret Trust and Personal Bank Weapon
SmartRetirementTrust | CaliforniaSmartRetirementTrust
Click Here - High-Net Worth and Business Owners Only!
Legally Lock-Away Money and Property
Small Business Owners and High-Net Worth Individuals
Especially Industries with Federal and State Conflicts of Law
Lawful Legal Protections; Yes They Exist; No Hiding Necessary
* Legal Protections that protect legal business operations and or owners
* Legal Protections that may even be available if being sued,
have judgments or may be sued in the future
* Markets, Product Branding and Traditional, Online and Web3 (NFTs, DAOs) Marketing for the Cannabis and Hemp Industry:
Learn how to avoid the industry race to the bottom. Read the article by Rich Rydstrom titled:
The Cannabis Industry Must Act to: Avoid the Race to the Bottom!
July 28, 2022: Santa Ana First Cannabis Summit by Rich Rydstrom, Esq.
Congrats to the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce for its First Annual Cannabis Summit! Click here for Article: The Cannabis Industry Must Act to: Avoid the Race to the Bottom! Click for The Handout Article by Rich Rydstrom, and Click here for Cannabis Summit Agenda; Rich Rydstrom, Esq./Advisor (949) 678-2218
The 13 Secrets of the Rich or Informed - Learn The 13 Secrets of the Rich or Informed from the 33-Year Veteran California Attorney. Mr. Rydstrom wrote the 13 Secrets Cheat Sheet while working as a Celebrity Beverly Hills Business & Tax Manager. Protections of business and its owners are key, including HOW to legally pull-out monies and profits and LOCK-IT-AWAY for your retirement.
Cannabis Business Owners, If You Do Not Know How to Pull-Out & Lock-Away Wealth Legally, with a Safe Silo Device, You Remain a Sitting-Duck
* Warning: The California legal cannabis laws require highly specialized compliance in all aspects of owning or operating a cannabis business for the tenant as well as the landlord. In addition, Federal laws conflict with California laws on many issues, including the Federal Tax restrictions or preclusions on the deductibility of cost/expenses (IRC 280E). You must not only plan for this but you will need to structure your business, entities, business lines of business or activities, to optimize for tax efficiencies. This may require separate entities for separate legal purposes, and strict accounting systems requiring operational (real-time perpetual) efficiencies in addition to track and trace reporting systems. All income for all activities whether legal or illegal under IRC 61 are reportable income, however, the ordinary and necessary expenses offsetting such income under IRC 162, however, with a Cannabis tax return, pursuant to IRC 280E, are not permitted to deduct as IRC 162 expense items realized from illegal activities including Cannabis, as the Federal government unlike California, regard same as illegal as a controlled substance. General deductions are generally allowed for the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), but impeccable records must be kept, and restrictions apply. Some expenses usually for separated activities which are not considered illegal, for example education, caregiving or paraphernalia, or a separate operation for merchandise may be allowable, but not from the sales of cannabis.
* Even your need to lease or acquire a real estate location for the appropriate license(s), will require a specialized lease and or landlord declaration, prior to making an application for licensure.
* Some of the preliminary concerns include:
1. What are the new proper entity structures available for Cannabis tenants;
2. What percentage ownership/control require licensure and Tenant/Landlord approval;
3. How can we deconflict California and Federal law, if at all;
4. How can we address Nuisance Breach/Defaults;
5. How can we address Illegal Unlawful Breach/Defaults;
6. How can we address Unlawful Use Breach/Defaults;
7. How can we address compliance with local & California law;
8. Should we, and to what extent, have a Tenant share in pass-thrus/CAM Charges;
9. Should Landlord share in profits of Tenant;
10. How much control may Landlord retain;
11. Should there be more than one licensee per parcel;
12. How far away must premises be from schools and parks;
13. Must premises be in an Industrial location;
14. Should Landlord retain or be granted access for repairs and inspections;
15. Should Landlord or Tenant agree to Work Lists or Build-outs;
16. Should Work Lists or Build-outs be conditioned on compliance with Use;
17. Should Tenant and Landlord certify compliance with Local and State Laws (conditional use
18. Should Landlord and Tenant agree to select law and facts including protections in bankruptcy;
19. Are there legal methods to protect wealth and retirement cash flow from the Cannabis
* Courtesy Articles from Superb Rated Attorney Rydstrom:
* * *
Where to Start?
The 8 Mandates to Consider Before You Sign Anything!
Don’t Sign That Commercial Cannabis Lease Without Using the
Smart Cannabis Addendum
Click for Full Article
Don’t Sign That Commercial Cannabis Lease
Without Using the Smart Cannabis Addendum!
Only Work with the Best Real Estate Brokers
& Cannabis Tax Preparers!
Click for New Article:
New Cannabis Laws & Taxation
The Difference Between the Nail and the Screw May Be Worth Millions!
Click for Article
Before you Sign any Construction Contract
* * *
SOLUTIONS: Rydstrom has developed several lawful solutions for deconfliction:
SmartCannabisLease ( http://smartcannabislease.com ) which deconflicts federal and state law presumptive facts. Another is the TaxSmartBuildout (http://smartbuildout.com which integrates lines of business with IRC 1245/1250 tax smart construction property flowing into beneficial entity structures. Rydstrom says, after 33 years of business planning, litigation, tax, FASB and business markets experience, safe and lawful best practices and safe harbors are available to the multidisciplinary mindset, to the limit of law.
MORE RYDSTROM ATTORNEY ARTICLES AND TOPICS - CLICK
Free Initial Consultation:
* * *
Free Initial Consultation | Confidential |
Attorney Client Privilege | Over 33 Years Experience |
Transactions, Entities, Litigation
* * *
By Richard Ivar Rydstrom, California Attorney at Law, J.D. Law, Bachelor of Science in Public Accounting;
Over 33 Years Transactions, Asset Protection, Business & Real Estate Litigation
Serving Newport Beach, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley
1-877-Win-4-You | www.rydstromlaw.com
Rich Rydstrom, Attorney/Business & Markets Advisor
Introduction: Richard has over 33 years as a California Attorney and business advisor. He worked for Warner Atlantic and Elektra Records with music superstars like Stevie Nicks, Phil Collins, etc., and as a Business and Tax Manager for Wolfgang Puck, Tommy Lee Jones, Kurt Russell, etc. Richard was chosen by 110th CONGRESS to deliver a Statement on the solutions to the Great Recession. When the U.S. Treasury and the ALFN wanted to develop and teach the mortgage meltdown solutions to the banks, they choose Richard as the Chairman of CMIS. Richard co-created the donated $1,000,000 in financial education for underprivileged kids in Los Angeles. He helped Elon Musk with his first Tesla Newport Beach Showcase. He is general counsel for KT California and Farmer Ryan and consults many Cannabis and industrial Hemp companies. He is currently developing Canna Crypto and NFT opportunities with marketing penetration strategies for his clients. He also owns the PreferredProfesssionals brand, which offers business credit and funds to startups and scaling businesses.
A Few Reviews Endorsements
See Reviews Below:
“I was very impressed with your preparation, tenacity, and skill ... I learned how to fine tune my ADR skills by virtue of watching you in action...” Peer Endorsement as ADR Officer
“I shudder to think of what would have happened to me without Mr. Rydstrom’s help and for that I am eternally grateful to him and recommend him highly.”
“May of 2011, a good friend of mind had heard about Richard Rydstrom and that was the day my life changed. Richard has dedicated his life for the greater good of humanity and he is only asking that all parties involved work together to take personal responsibility. I highly recommend Richard Rydstrom.”
“Incredible, Most DEDICATED ATTORNEY to his Clients! God answered my prayers and sent Mr. Rydstrom to me!”
“With no notes you were able to capture a very scrutinizing audience for over an hour. We cannot express our appreciation enough to you Richard. Thank you for the great job you did for us.” AOA (LA Coliseum; Landlords Business Entity Structure Speech)
Reviews | More Endorsements
Attorney at Law
"He knows his stuff and gets right to it, no BS of fluffy stuff" "He's awesome, knows this stuff inside & out, just amazing!" "Richard is great. He knew exactly what I needed and was fast with delivery. This was very helpful."
If you have any questions or would like to speak with a representative, please
e-mail or call us at 877-Win-4-You
SmartCannabisBusiness features legal articles by Attorney Richard Rydstrom. All Rights Reserved 2000-2017 Terms & Use Conditions: Nothing from this site should be considered advice or info on how to avoid federal jurisdiction, or how to hide from or hinder any federal law inquiry or action, or engage in any activity considered unlawful or illegal; all topics are strictly concerned with California Law only and its lawful activities. ATTORNEY LEGAL NOTICE: Warning: YOU MUST HAVE A SIGNED LEGAL RETAINER AGREEMENT WITH THIS LAW OFFICE OR ATTORNEY AUTHOR OF SELECT ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN THIS SITE TO BECOME A CLIENT, OTHERWISE YOU ARE NOT A CLIENT AND WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY ACTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. THIS SITE OR ATTORNEY AUTHOR OF SELECT ARTICLES DOES NOT REPRESENT ANY PERSONS OR ENTITIES THAT ARE ENGAGED IN ANY UNLAWFUL OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WHETHER STATE OR FEDERAL; AND OTHERWISE SAME SHOULD CONTACT A CRIMINAL ATTORNEY. YOU ARE WARNED TO OBTAIN LEGAL REPRESENTATION IMMEDIATELY TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS (YELLOW PAGES, STATE BAR AGENCIES, ETC.) THERE ARE NO REPRESENTATIONS OF OUTCOME AS EACH CASE IS UNIQUE. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION IS PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL LAW [Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. 2701(a) and 270(a)] WE DO NOT GIVE ADVICE ON OR OPINIONS ON FREE CONSULTATIONS. We do NOT PERFORM MORTGAGE MODIFICATION SERVICES. This message is intended exclusively for the individuals and entities to which it is addressed. We do not give free case analysis, reviews or opinions. Articles sent are not legal, tax or financial advice; may be deemed an advertisement from the State Bar. Attorney obligations automatically cease under Legal Retainers where a Client fails to pay the required Deposit or make the required payments. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE NOTICE: To ensure compliance with IRS requirements, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purposes of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Pictures with Celebrities do Not imply any endorsement of Attorney at all, and that any Celebrity is Client of Attorney.